Labor Day Sunday, September 6, 2020
8:00 AM service, 10:00 AM liturgy/Eucharist
With joyful but cautious hearts we will reopen our church doors to in-person worship. This task has required thorough study and careful planning, because your health and safety are of utmost concern. Our Vestry has and continues to review the diocesan requirements, which we must follow. We will evaluate our protocol after a few weeks, reserving the opportunity to adapt as necessary as the situation changes.
Ongoing Health and Safety Measures at St. Timothy’s
In General, Every Day
• Only the main entrance off the parking lot is open to enter the building.
• We check temperatures of everyone entering the building, using no-contact infra-red scan. If temperature is over 100 degrees, admission is denied, and recommendation is made to contact a healthcare professional.
We inquire of all:
o Are you feeling well today?
o Are you experiencing an unusual cough? -any unusual shortness of breath?
o Have you been out of the area recently?
o Have you had contact with anyone diagnosed with COVID-19 in the last 14 days?
• All persons are asked to enter their name and contact information upon entry (online pre-registration makes this much easier). This facilitates contact tracing for the Health Department.
• Disposable masks are available, but we encourage the use of personal equipment.
• We encourage frequent hand washing & use of hand sanitizer (provided throughout building).
• Whenever possible, meetings and appointments are conducted via digital conferencing.
• Those gathering for “essential ministries” observe the entry protocol and are tasked with maintaining social distancing, and facility sanitation
• We encourage calling ahead to set appointments for in-person meetings (when necessary) vs. “dropping in”
Live stream broadcast of the Sunday 10:00 AM liturgy will continue, even as in-person worship at 8 and 10:00 AM resumes. At this time, Wednesday 6:00 PM and Thursday 11:00 AM worship will continue in live stream format only. Daily interactive noonday prayers continue via Zoom (https://zoom.us/j/777091765?pwd=cU5kMkpFb3RnWVFZTEgySmw2RTVvZz09).
A minimum of six volunteers is necessary to support each in-person worship service – four usher/greeters, each with specific safety protocol duties; and two persons to manage sanitation of the worship and common spaces following each service. If all volunteer slots are NOT filled IN ADVANCE, in-person worship for that service will be cancelled. Contact Allison Fisher to offer your service!
• On-line advance registration is requested to provide a check-in list for usher/greeters at the entrance (http://saint-timothy.net/sign-up-to-attend-a-service/ ).
• Please maintain six-foot social distance from members of other households, and move steadily through common areas (vs. loitering for conversation).
• Printed service leaflets will be available in the narthex for each worshipper to pick-up (ushers will not “handle” them). Please take these printed materials home and/or dispose of them in the recycle container upon departure.
• An alms/offering basin will be available at the doors to the nave (plates will not be passed during the service).
• Pew cushions and kneelers have been removed to facilitate sanitation. You may wish to bring a pillow/stadium cushion for personal use on the wooden pews.
• Every fourth pew is available for members from two household units; intervening rows are closed via twine/ribbon at ends; the back row of chairs is available (with same seating pattern as pews, extra chairs marked off).
• One pew will be reserved in the nave for visitor(s).
• Ushers will seat worshippers and control the traffic pattern in and out to maintain social distancing.
• Masks are required throughout the worship service (shifting the mask aside only to receive communion).
• No “live” singing will be permitted (but you can hum along!).
• At the communion, ushers will “pull” via the central aisle. Please maintain six feet social distance from members of other households.
• Communion in one kind (the host only) will be distributed at the head of the central aisle
• Please return to your seat via the side aisles only.
• Ushers will dismiss worshippers from their pews at the conclusion of the service/postlude.
• There will be no in-person coffee hour. You may choose to converse with others outside in the courtyard or parking lot, continuing to wear a mask and observing social distance.
• We encourage you to bring your digital devices:
o To access the service leaflet, if you prefer the digital format;
o To join the virtual coffee hour via Zoom (https://zoom.us/j/940808206 Meeting ID: 940 808 206) – while enjoying the courtyard’s ambience or from your vehicle in the parking lot;
o St. Timothy’s guest wi-fi password is 4198745704.
Following these protocols will help us enjoy in-person worship, while keeping all safe.
For many at St. Tim’s, suspension of in-person worship and access to the sacrament has left a severe void in their lives. For others, the pandemic presents a continuing serious health concern, necessitating sheltering at home as much as possible. We are respectful of both and look forward to the day we will all be able to worship together in person!