Resources For Those In Need
Resources are not limited to Wood County, but our area in general.
The Cocoon Shelter – Trained professionals, Confidential support and services, Advocacy, Support, Information and referrals
Brown Bag Project – Open to anyone living in Wood County. ID is encouraged.
115 W Merry St Suite B Bowling Green, Ohio
Open: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 5:00-8:oo PM
Perrysburg Christians United:
Grace United Methodist Church – located in the back, southeast corner of the parking lot.
601 East Boundary Street
Perrysburg, Ohio 43551.
Open: Mondays from 1:00-3:00 PM
Fridays from 9:00-11:00 AM
The pantry serves those who live in Wood County north of State Route 582. Those receiving food assistance must present two proofs of address (for example, a photo ID and a recent utility bill) and must verify that their income falls within the guidelines of the Ohio Department of Jobs and Family Services.
Furniture Pantry – St. Mark’s Furniture Pantry provides furniture by appointment for those in need including college students.
St. Mark’s Lutheran Church
315 S College St.
Bowling Green, Ohio 419-353-9305
Habitat for Humanity ReStore – Habitat for Humanity ReStore is a nonprofit home improvement store and donation center that sells new and gently used furniture, appliances and home accessories to the public at 25%-80% off original retail prices. Proceeds from sales are used to build and repair homes with and for our low-income neighbors here in Lucas County. With your help, Habitat for Humanity ReStore supports Maumee Valley Habitat for Humanity’s vision of a world where everyone has a decent place to live. For additional questions or information, call at 419-382-1658
Mosaic Ministries – Located in South Toledo, Mosaic Ministries provides meals, food distribution, education, prayer, counseling, and more to those in need. 419-344-5844
860 Orchard St
Toledo, Ohio 43609
NAMI Wood County – NAMI Wood County is a leading self help organization offering events, free educational classes, support groups, and other programs addressing mental health for Bowling Green, Ohio and all surrounding Wood County communities and is an affiliate of the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI).541 W. Wooster St., 2nd Floor Bowling Green, Ohio 43402 Mailing Address: PO Box 432 Bowling Green, Ohio 43402 419-352-0626 | Fax – 419-378-3037
What agency should I call?
No Wrong Door – Wood County’s No Wrong Door program can provide information about services and resources with one call to any of the member agencies. No Wrong Door program can guide individuals to the appropriate agency that can help them. “No Wrong Door” means that you can go to any of the member agencies to find the information and referral you need.
Click HERE to view the Yellow Pages of Services. If you need help and don’t know where to turn, just call any one of the agencies below and we’ll guide you to the services you need.
- Information and Referral Line – United Way 2-1-1
- 24-Hour Wood County Crisis Line – 419-502- HOPE (4673)
- Harbor Wood County – Behavioral Connections of Wood County – 419-352-5387 or 419-872-8419
- Bowling Green City Schools – 419-352-3576
- Children’s Resource Center – 419-352-7588 or 1-888-466-KIDS
- City of Bowing Green – 419-354-6203
- Unison Health – Family Service Counseling Center of Wood County -419-352-4624 or 1-877-352-4624
- American Red Cross – 419-352-4575
- United Way of Greater Toledo – Wood County Office – 419-352-2390
- Wood County Alcohol, Drug Addiction and Mental Health Services Board – 419-352-8475
- Wood County Board of Developmental Disabilities – 419-352-5115
- Wood County Commissioners – 866-860-4140 or 419-354-9100
- Wood County Committee on Aging – 800-367-4935 or 419-353-5661
- Wood County Extension Service – 419-354-9050
- Wood County Dept. of Job and Family Services – 419-352-7566
- Wood County Educational Service Center – 419-354-9010
- Wood County Health Department – 419-352-8402
- Wood County Community Health and Wellness Center – 419-354-9049 or 866-861-9338
- Wood County Hospital – 419-3548910 (ER) or 419-354-8900
- Wood County Juvenile Court – 419-352-3554 or 419-243-4223
- Wood County Prosecutor – 866-860-4140 or 419-354-9250
- WSOS Community Action Commission – 419-353-7407
Aging in Place – helping seniors, their family members and their caregivers prepare their homes and their lives for successful aging in place.
Caring.com – Find Senior Care & Senior Living Options Near You
Parkinson’s Support Group – Are you a Patient with or a Caregiver for someone who has Parkinson’s? The Parkinson’s Foundation of Northwest Ohio is a local organization focused on providing a method of communication and support.
Perrysburg Senior Center – Resources for Seniors
Senior Safety Reviews – “We try to make finding the best products, services and information for the safety and peace of mind of older adults as easy and friendly as possible. Our evaluation criteria for any product or service is simple – we have to be willing to recommend it to one of our own family members, patients or clients.”
Salvation Army Social Services – Bowling Green
Salvation Army – Find a location near you.
1045 N Main ST #8
Bowling Green, OH 43402
Phones are answered 6:00 AM – 9:00 PM
Transportation available with a reservation at least one day before the ride.
Monday through Friday: 8:00 AM – 9:00 PM
Saturday and Sunday 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Cost is $1.00 per ride
Wood County Net Plus
Transportation available Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Reservations must be made five business days prior to appointment.
Transportation is provided to locations in Wood, Hancock, Henry, Lucas, Ottawa, Sandusky and Seneca counties. ADA accessible non-emergency transportation to medical, dental, vision, pharmacy, mental health and addiction treatment appointments/services. Transportation is not provided to free services such as health fairs, support groups, meetings with social service organizations, informational sessions, etc.. Transportation cannot be provided at this time to the grocery store or other shopping, trips to the laundry, or to employment or schooling.